L
Posted By
LenTrimlett
Dec 17, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am new to Indesign, Photoshop and Illustrator (much to learn).

I have taken product shots using a Sony DSC717 5 Megapixel Camera. I want to crop them and save them without loosing any significant resolution. The pictures are high resolution custom motorcycle art.

Then I want to place them in Indesign to produce an 8 1/2 x 11 flyer. The intent is to scale the pictures to group about 10 pictures.

The first question relates to cropping. Because of the odd shapes the cropping can be started with a rectangular crop. Then comes the tedious work of cropping to the curves. That requires precision. Question 1 is "Which tool is easiest for this:The Pen or Lasso followed by eraser?" A rectangular crop may be a starting point.

The second question relates to which it is easier to do in: Photoshop or Illustrator?

The third question relates to save mode. The Source file is in JPEG, though I have the option to go back and reshoot in TIFF. I want to retain maximum resolution after editting. Should save mode be in TIFF, PSD?

It is my understanding that JPEG Save results in a loss of quality with compression. The saved images will go into Indesign.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Len Trimlett

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

L
LenHewitt
Dec 17, 2003
Len,

1 ) The Pen tool
2 ) Photoshop
3 ) For ID use TIFF/PSD

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections