Posted By
dyrex
Jan 28, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,
I use Photoshop CS and recently I have to publish my photos on Web. I’ve opened TIFF scanned photo (scanned on Nikon scanner) during opening I’ve converted color profile from Adobe to Monitor sRGB. After minor correction I tried to save picture to JPEG using "Save for Web". Adobe have showed the preview and result was terrible, picture was dark, colors were over saturated (I’ve used IExplorer in Save for Web). When I’ve changed in Color Setting "RGB-to Monitor RGB" this function works fine but why ?
Regards
Michal Szymanski
http://michal.szymanski.free.fr

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BH
Bill Hilton
Jan 28, 2005
I use Photoshop CS and recently I have to publish my photos on Web. I’ve opened TIFF scanned photo (scanned on Nikon scanner) during opening I’ve converted color profile from Adobe to Monitor sRGB.

Do you mean sRGB or do you mean you converted to your monitor’s ICC profile (whatever name you gave it)?

After minor correction I tried to save picture to JPEG using "Save
for
Web". Adobe have showed the preview and result was terrible, picture

was dark, colors were over saturated

What I suggest is working on the scan in either AdobeRGB or, if you’re sure it’s just for the web, sRGB but do not convert it to monitor RGB (if that’s what you meant). Once the image looks good then if it’s AdobeRGB save a copy and convert to sRGB (Image > Mode > Convert to Profile) … if it was already in sRGB there’s no need for this step. Then do "Save for Web" … the jpeg should look pretty close to what the tiff looked like, even in Explorer or other non-color managed apps. Usually the saturated colors are dimmed a bit but that’s about all. You shouldn’t be seeing such a major shift in colors.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections