GR
Posted By
George_R_Holt
Dec 15, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
How do I take two picture files and combine them on one page. Picture Pack looks good, but it puts the same picture on the page twice. I want to put two different pictures on one page…help!!!
George

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

L
larry
Dec 15, 2003
The easy way is to create a canvas large enough for both images. Then copy and paste each and use the move tool to position them. They all have to be the same resolution.

Larry Berman
D
DV8R
Dec 15, 2003
I fyou have images with multiple layers you can either FLATTEN THEM BOTH and then drag the to the new larger canvas. "DONT FORGET TO UNDO THE FLATTEN BEFORE YOU SAVE THE ORIGINAL IMAGES AGAIN" Or you can make a Folder in the Layers pallet and the drag the folder to the new larger image surface and drop it. This way your images are still editable and your layers pallet is nice and tidy…. mmmmmmm clean layer pallet. grgrgrgrrrrrrrrr
GR
George_R_Holt
Dec 15, 2003
I’m sorry Larry, I am not that bright. How do you copy and paste the pictures on to a canvas? I opened the canvas up, and I opened up my two pictures, but I don’t see a copy and paste feature, even when I right click.
George
TF
Timothy_Foolery
Dec 15, 2003
Oh boy…

[ctrl]+[A] = Select all
[ctrl]+[C] = Copy
[ctrl]+[V] = paste.

🙂
L
larry
Dec 15, 2003
Select an image – Select All (CTRL+A)
Copy (CTRL+C)
Select the canvas and paste (CTRL+V)
Use the Move Tool (arrow) to move the image around on the larger canvas. By default it pastes into the center of the visible area.

Larry Berman
S
SimRacer
Dec 15, 2003
wrote in message
How do I take two picture files and combine them on one page. Picture Pack
looks good, but it puts the same picture on the page twice. I want to put two different pictures on one page…help!!!
George

Picture Package can do this. Each "image" box within the various page layouts can contain different images. No need to make a larger canvas and paste, simply load the different images into the different boxes, voila. I’ve printed upto 12 different images on the same page (in various small sizes) with picture package and no canvas resizing issues were necessary.

I’m sure this is pretty much the same way that Contact Sheet works except that it by default loads the different images for you.
GR
George_R_Holt
Dec 15, 2003
Ok, I am going crazy. I have a canvas that will hold both images. When I select the image and drag it to the canvas, I see the little dashed lines swirling around on the canvas, but there is no picture there. What am I doing wrong???
G
graffiti
Dec 15, 2003
After you select the image, switch to the "Move" tool. Sounds like you still have the Marquee tool selected.

If the image fills the whole canvas, you shouldn’t have to select it at all. Just choose the move tool and drag the image to the new canvas.
GR
George_R_Holt
Dec 15, 2003
That worked, thanks Larry! I didn’t know about the CTRL+V for paste. Thank you for taking the time to help me! Merry Christmas – Best regards, George
GR
George_R_Holt
Dec 15, 2003
In fact, thank you to everyone! Merry Christmas!
George R Dummy
TF
Timothy_Foolery
Dec 15, 2003
That worked, thanks Larry! I didn’t know about the CTRL+V for paste.

I said it first… Grrrr. 🙂
L
larry
Dec 16, 2003
I said it first… Grrrr.

OK, You get the extra points.

Larry Berman
TF
Timothy_Foolery
Dec 16, 2003
OK, You get the extra points.

You forgot the smilie, now I’m hurt. 🙁
BG
barry_gray
Dec 16, 2003
Actually the easiest would be to drag and drop the layer from one doc. to the other, No?
G
graffiti
Dec 16, 2003
Actually the easiest would be to drag and drop the layer from one doc. to the other, No?

Hey! That’s what I said.

But in lieu of extra points, I want a gold star. 🙂
TF
Timothy_Foolery
Dec 16, 2003
Drag n’ drop is sooooo Maccie. 🙂
BG
barry_gray
Dec 16, 2003
Graffiti, you said:

"After you select the image, switch to the "Move" tool."etc. No select and no move tool when you drag and drop the "layer"
TF
Timothy_Foolery
Dec 16, 2003
Now you have to give back the star Dave. 😀
BG
barry_gray
Dec 16, 2003
Just send it to me , (8•()>>
G
graffiti
Dec 16, 2003
Now you have to give back the star Dave.

No I don’t. I win on a technicality. I also said:

If the image fills the whole canvas, you shouldn’t have to select it at all. Just choose the move tool and drag the image to the new canvas.

I was covering all of my bases. 🙂
WD
Wade_Darvy
Dec 16, 2003
Actually, the answer is simple George. Hold your mouse over the images in the Picture Package preview pane (where they are currently all the same image) after you select File->Automate->Picture Package from the menu. You will be prompted to "Click to browse for file" and you can select any file you want to be loaded into that frame. Once you click, it brings up a browser box so you can browse to any image you want to use for that image on the page.
D
DV8R
Dec 16, 2003
Just do it the right way the first time and follow the instructions I had given you above. this the very best way to….

Learn to structure your layers and keep you designs nice and clean. Its also very easy to move entire unflattened images that contain multiple layers around with folders in the layers pallet.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections