RH
Posted By
Richard Haasnoot
Sep 12, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there a way to print different pictures on one page–like 4 different images on one page in Photoshop Elements?
Thank you

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

PD
Peter Duniho
Sep 12, 2003
"Richard Haasnoot" wrote in message
Is there a way to print different pictures on one page–like 4 different images on one page in Photoshop Elements?

As far as I know, Elements doesn’t come with anything to automate this. Using only Elements, you’d pretty much have to create a new document large enough to contain all the images you want to print, and paste them in, arranging them on the page as you like.

However, there are other tools that do this automatically. I haven’t even had a chance to try it yet, but apparently the add-on software that comes with new Epson printers these days does this. Also, Windows XP’s image preview application (built into the operating system) has a print button that brings up a print wizard that gives you LOTS of control over multiple-image-per-page printouts. If you’re using a Mac, perhaps Mac OS provides something similar.

Pete
BG
Byron Gale
Sep 12, 2003
Richard,

File -> Print Layouts -> Picture Package

Picture Package allows you to print multiple images on a single sheet.

First you should select the correct page size… probably 8×10 if you have
8.5×11 paper.

Then, choose a Layout… you mention printing 4 images, so you might choose (4)4×5, which is the option for printing 4 4×5 images on a 8×10 page.

Note that the righthand side of the dialog gives you an interactive mock-up of your final image. Interactive, because it changes as you select layouts AND… you can select each image dynamically. By clicking on one of the sub-images in the mock-up, you will open an image selection dialog, which allows you to select a different image for that part of the package. Each sub image can be different.

Take care to set your Resolution to something suitable… the 72 ppi default doesn’t please too many people.

Play around with it… it’s fun.

You can also free-hand something like this, which some do exclusively. Either way works. It’s up to you.

Byron
CS
Chuck Snyder
Sep 12, 2003
Picture Package will allow you to print multiple images on one sheet, with a catch: it only works that way in Elements 2; in Elements 1, you’re stuck with four copies of the same image.

Otherwise, the alternative is to create a new blank image and drag-and-drop or copy-and-paste your images (after individual re-sizing) onto the blank. Details of how to do that can be found via a quick search of this forum; several participants have explained their approach to doing this.

Hope that helps!
R
Ray
Sep 12, 2003
Peter,

"Peter Duniho" a écrit dans le message de

Just a short note… We usually remove header before replying to this list. If you look at other posts, you’ll see that 99.9% of the headers are removed from every post.

Thanks,

Ray
BG
Byron Gale
Sep 12, 2003
Thanks for pointing out the difference between versions, Chuck…. having only used v2, I was unaware.

Byron
PD
Peter Duniho
Sep 12, 2003
"Ray" wrote in message
Just a short note… We usually remove header before replying to this
list.

Just a short note… "We" always include headers as well as relevant text to our reply when replying to this newsgroup.

Thanks for your concern, but I will continue posting as I am in the habit of doing. However, please note that I have not, nor will I, take the time to point out how difficult it is to read YOUR replies, when I have no context with which to interpret them.

Live and let live.

Thanks,
Pete
PD
Pete D
Sep 12, 2003
"Peter Duniho> > Just a short note… We usually remove header before replying to this
list.

Just a short note… "We" always include headers as well as relevant text to our reply when replying to this newsgroup.

"We" …. (the people that have regularly posted on this forum for several years) DO NOT include headers!

Ray is correct and kind to point this out for you.

PeteD
Z
ZR
Sep 12, 2003
On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 03:04:20 -0700, "Ray"
wrote:

Peter,

"Peter Duniho" a écrit dans le message de

Just a short note… We usually remove header before replying to this list. If you look at other posts, you’ll see that 99.9% of the headers are removed from every post.
Thanks,

Ray

Ray,

I belive that you have played a "guardian of the "constitution" once before… With all due respect – please keep to your own. Don’t play a policeman here.

In good spirit, but serious,

ZR
PD
Peter Duniho
Sep 12, 2003
"Pete D" <Miatapete no spam @Yahoo.com> wrote in message
"We" …. (the people that have regularly posted on this forum for
several
years) DO NOT include headers!

I know you don’t. And it drives me up the wall. But you don’t see me whining about it, do you?

Ray is correct and kind to point this out for you.

He is truly correct about his own habits and yours as well. I wouldn’t say the word "kind" is what came to mind when I read his message.

Pete
CS
Chuck Snyder
Sep 12, 2003
Pete Duniho:

A suggestion on this one: the biggest complaint people have about the practice of answering with text from the message being cited is the presence of the original poster’s e-mail address; even though it’s in the forum information file, it’s just a little jarring to have it out there for everyone to see – sort of an invasion of privacy feeling. If you could remove that address and leave the name behind, I think a few more people would agree that snippets of the original message are helpful to keeping track of where the message arose and what’s being addressed in the reply.

Chuck
R
Ray
Sep 13, 2003
Peter,

Did you have a rough day or what? 🙂 You make it sound like if I was jumping at your throat. Cool
down. Btw, the "we" was meant in reference to us, the forum regulars (I believe I qualify as one,
having been here for about close to a year now, on a regular basis).

Thanks for your concern, but I will continue posting as I am in the habit of doing. However, please note that I have not, nor will I, take the time to point out how difficult it is to read YOUR replies, when I have no context with which to interpret them.

You’re right. See, I can adapt 🙂

Live and let live.

That’s what I’m always doing. Some people know me a little more on this board than other, and they would all testify that this is just what I do, all of the time.

When I pointed out what we (this forum regulars) do usually, I did so only to spare you the trouble.
If you’ve read carefully, I only mentionned the header, not the body of the message. Sometimes, it helps to leave a few sentences, to put things in context. But the e-mail address and message ID, as
you’ve probably noticed, almost no one around here leaves them in their reply. I’m with a newsreader myself, and I remove every part before I send them.

When I joined this board, I was reminded very quickly to remove the headers. So I did. Now, if you
don’t want to do it yourself, that’s your call man. I won’t talk about it again.

Cheers,

Ray

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections