W
Posted By
w
Sep 5, 2011
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Another question that may not be ‘technically’ technical….I’m about to swap my PC for a Mac (I know, too soon old, too late smart), and I have CS4, ready to upgrade to CS5….if I buy CS5, can I get just the upgrade even though switching platforms, or do I have to start over? I’ve had every version since Photoshop 4 and I kinda like saving the money. Anybody know Adobe’s policy on this? Thanks in advance.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

C
Carrie
Sep 5, 2011
"darkman" wrote in message
Another question that may not be ‘technically’ technical….I’m about to swap my PC for a Mac (I know, too soon old, too late smart), and I have CS4, ready to upgrade to CS5….if I buy CS5, can I get just the upgrade even though switching platforms, or do I have to start over? I’ve had every version since Photoshop 4 and I kinda like saving the money. Anybody know Adobe’s policy on this? Thanks in advance.

I’m sure someone who knows for sure will answer this for you, but… seems like I have said at times (somewhere) I’d love to get a MAC but I have all these programs, like PS that are for Windows, and someone said MACs will now run Windows programs.
I will probably never get a MAC unless I win a lottery. I just occasionally say it when I’ve had problems with a virus, or get annoyed by Windows (or Dell) stuff.
I was googling it and found some answers, but not sure if they apply. If you can run Windows (for programs) on a MAC (the newer ones, maybe) that might work.
I found info here:
http://prodesigntools.com/move-adobe-cs5-between-computers-o r-windows-to-mac.html
N
nomail
Sep 5, 2011
darkman wrote:

Adobe offers a cross platform upgrade. Ask them for the details.

Johan W. Elzenga, Editor/Photographer, www.johanfoto.com
J
jaSPAMc
Sep 5, 2011
"Carrie" found these unused words:

"darkman" wrote in message

I’m sure someone who knows for sure will answer this for you, but… seems like I have said at times (somewhere) I’d love to get a MAC but I have all these programs, like PS that are for Windows, and someone said MACs will now run Windows programs.
I will probably never get a MAC unless I win a lottery. I just occasionally say it when I’ve had problems with a virus, or get annoyed by Windows (or Dell) stuff.
I was googling it and found some answers, but not sure if they apply. If you can run Windows (for programs) on a MAC (the newer ones, maybe) that might work.
I found info here:
http://prodesigntools.com/move-adobe-cs5-between-computers-o r-windows-to-mac.html
Instead of emulating a ‘fair’ version of windos on a mac, why not install a mac emulator on Win 7?

See SoftMac and Gemulator.

Of course you -=could=- throw away all your PC programs and pay extra for ‘genuine mac’!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections