C
Posted By
CraigA
May 28, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am not much of an upgrade freak. I usually stick with what has been working for me, and since 5.5 was working fine (still is) I didn’t see the point in spending more money and entering that Lo-o-o-ong learning curve again. Of course the drawback to this attitude is that things change so rapidly (and radically) that the "curve gets longer and steeper all the time and I have to start pretty much at the bottom again!

Having said that I’ve recently purchased a digital camera and added a second HD to my computer (a G4-500sp, 756mbts RAM) I updated my OS from 9.0.4 to 9.2.2 and OS X.3 (panther). I have each OS on different partitions and do not use "Classic" under X. I am now ready to explore some of the added features available to me in OSX and the newer versions of PS.

I’ve done a bit of searching and browsing these forums and I’m posting this question to confirm my (admittedly limited) understanding of what I need to do.

As with some others here, I assumed that an upgrade pkg. for PS would just be adding code to my current version of PS 5.5 to bring it up to the new version. I didn’t know how this would work in OSX since I didn’t think I could even install 5.5 on X.

It seems I was mistaken about the nature of the upgrade. Am I correct in stating that if I have a valid version of PS 5.5 & serial number that I can purchase an upgrade pkg. and it will install the completely new upgraded version of PS?

Second what is the most current version of PS for OS X.3? I’m a bit confused about the differences between PS 7 and "CS". Is CS a new incarnation of Photoshop (PS-8?), or is it something along the lines of PS "Elements".

I apologize if I’m being redundant or stupid with my ?’s here.

Looking forward to the response.

Craig.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Buko
May 28, 2004
Photoshop CS = Photoshop 8

the upgrade installs a fresh new OSX native Photoshop.
MO
Mike_Ornellas
May 28, 2004
Dude,

change or die.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections