Posted By
Mike_Marketello
Jan 19, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Good day.

I have been away from the forum now for at least a year. I am running PS7 and have been thinking about making the move up. I don’t really feel the need to, but being I’m on PS7, I don’t want to lose out on my ability to upgrade in the future.

For the most part I use PS7 for doing photo restorations, and tonal changes and color adjustments, and PS7 is serving me well, can somebody tell me if there are new features to the CS series that would be an advantage to me?

How is the new CS4 upgrade, will it run slower than PS7, are other negatives to the CS series I will regret?

Thank you for your time.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

MB
Michael_Brower
Jan 19, 2009
In order to get the upgrade price, you will have to upgrade to CS3. Version 7 is not eligible for the upgrade to CS4. You better hurry, as CS3 is getting harder and harder to find.

Michael
DM
Don_McCahill
Jan 19, 2009
What Mike said. Also: you should never upgrade without at least trying the software out for a month on your machine … there is a 30 day free trial.

Others here may (probably will) rave about features, but if you are on an old, and perhaps clunky machine, then you will not get the same levels of performance. Try it out first, and know what you are getting.
MM
Mike_Marketello
Jan 20, 2009
Maybe C3 would be a better choice at this point, since quirks are probablly worked out.

Sounds as if C4 is still in the trouble shooting stage?
J
jcates
Jan 20, 2009
Somewhat, but getting a non-pirated CS3 will prove to be more of a task than you’d like. Good luck, though.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections