J
Posted By
JaimeZX
May 24, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Used to be that I could Right Click -> Properties on any image file (in Windows) and then click the "Advanced" button and see all the EXIF data. Since installing PS7, however, this is no longer available. I don’t know why. To see the EXIF data now, I have to actually OPEN PS7 and then click on the file in "File Browser."

Any idea how I can get the old way back?

ALSO – totally unrelated – "Save for the Web" recently started adding all kinds of extra red to my images. Reddish-oranges become bright red, etc. Didn’t used to do this and I’m not aware of having made any settings changes. I have to desaturate red by 10-15% now prior to using "Save for the Web" for it to look anywhere near normal.

Ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Jim

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CH
Calvin_Hass
Jun 30, 2004
For your second question, are you saving as GIF?

If so, you may have the default settings configured to use a small index colour map. Thus, depending on your picture, there may be a smaller number of index values available to cover the red spectrum (for example). If the colour palette size is reduced, then some conversion to the "nearest colours" has to be done.

If it is GIF, try increasing the colour palette size (eg. GIF32->GIF128).

Maybe that might help,
Cal.
L
LenHewitt
Jun 30, 2004
"Save for the Web" recently started adding all kinds of extra red to
my images.<<

In Proof setup select Monitor RGB. The images will now look the same within Photoshop as they do in Save for Web
J
JaimeZX
Jul 14, 2004
Calvin, I don’t usually save as GIF so no, that wasn’t it.

Len, you hit the nail on the head for (2). Anybody have any idea about where my EXIF went though? 8/

Thanks much for replies so far!

Warm regards,

Jim

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections