H
Posted By
Hunibal
Oct 9, 2010
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I like PSE 8 – is there enough reason to change to PSE (?

Cheers _ Hunibal _

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5129 (20100519) __________

The message was checked by ESET Smart Security.

http://www.eset.com

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

SW
Steve Woodall
Oct 9, 2010
I cannot speak on the differences of v8 to v9, as I stepped up from v5 to v9 on my windows machine.
It loads considerably faster than 5, and to my eye, the color spectrum used to go from 16 bit (12 actually) to 8 bit is a much more realistic blend, particularly the blues of a sky (compared same image processed the identically end to end).
And what sold me on the upgrade is the improved ‘enhanced spot healing’ tool, which works (or so I’ve read) as it does in CSE 5- smart. Wires, rubbish on ground, unwanted signs have been taken care of with a single swipe of the cursor and click. I found no need to dress up the corrections further. If you try to remove too large an item, tone and luminosity will come into play, but a correction layer will aid the blend of the spot.

Steve

"Hunibal" wrote in message
|I like PSE 8 – is there enough reason to change to PSE (? |
| —
|
| Cheers _ Hunibal _
|
| __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5129 (20100519) __________
|
| The message was checked by ESET Smart Security.
|
| http://www.eset.com
|
|
|
R
rwalker
Oct 10, 2010
On Sat, 9 Oct 2010 11:33:40 -0700, "Steve Woodall" wrote:

I cannot speak on the differences of v8 to v9, as I stepped up from v5 to v9 on my windows machine.
It loads considerably faster than 5, and to my eye, the color spectrum used to go from 16 bit (12 actually) to 8 bit is a much more realistic blend, particularly the blues of a sky (compared same image processed the identically end to end).
And what sold me on the upgrade is the improved ‘enhanced spot healing’ tool, which works (or so I’ve read) as it does in CSE 5- smart. Wires, rubbish on ground, unwanted signs have been taken care of with a single swipe of the cursor and click. I found no need to dress up the corrections further. If you try to remove too large an item, tone and luminosity will come into play, but a correction layer will aid the blend of the spot.
Steve

We’re up to 9 already? I’m still using 4!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections