FS
Posted By
Freek Smit
Jun 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I installed the update2.2of the RAW plug-in.When opening a NEF file in Photoshop I only get a small Screen in which I can only adjust Exp.comp. and white-balans.I don,t get the whole adjustment screen as shown in the tutorial.What can I do?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

H
Hermie
Jun 6, 2004
Just move the 2 Nikon plug-ins in folder C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop CS\Plug-Ins\Adobe Photoshop Only\File Formats
Restart

"Freek Smit" wrote in message
I installed the update2.2of the RAW plug-in.When opening a NEF file in Photoshop I only get a small Screen in which I can only adjust Exp.comp.
and
white-balans.I don,t get the whole adjustment screen as shown in the tutorial.What can I do?

H
Hermie
Jun 6, 2004
Sorry, should have read your post more carefully.

The solution that I just posted gives you the Adobe Camera Raw Dialog instead of the Nikon screen.

The workflow with Nikon Capture is that you open the NEF files from within Nikon Capture and
1. Save if from that in a format that Photoshop can handle
2. From the toolbox in Nikon Capture click on the ‘Open with Photoshop’
button

"Hermie" wrote in message
Just move the 2 Nikon plug-ins in folder C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop CS\Plug-Ins\Adobe Photoshop Only\File Formats
Restart

I installed the update2.2of the RAW plug-in.When opening a NEF file in Photoshop I only get a small Screen in which I can only adjust Exp.comp.
and
white-balans.I don,t get the whole adjustment screen as shown in the tutorial.What can I do?

CC
Chris Cox
Jun 7, 2004
Note – you have to do this because the Nikon software installs the Nikon plugins whether you want them or not, and their plugins override Camera RAW.

Chris

In article <40c36a9a$0$88384$>, Hermie
wrote:

Sorry, should have read your post more carefully.

The solution that I just posted gives you the Adobe Camera Raw Dialog instead of the Nikon screen.

The workflow with Nikon Capture is that you open the NEF files from within Nikon Capture and
1. Save if from that in a format that Photoshop can handle
2. From the toolbox in Nikon Capture click on the ‘Open with Photoshop’
button

"Hermie" wrote in message
Restart

and

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections