Plugin disappeared and can’t re-install. Anyone help?

JS
Posted By
Jason Simons
Apr 7, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a plugin that I bought from photoeffex about three years ago. After I upgraded my photoshop to CS2 from 7, it no longer works. The company is now gone so I can’t ask them for help.

The file has a different extension than my other plugins, but there has to be a way to get this to work.

The filename is iDeNoiseHiISO2.1.atn

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JS
Jason Simons
Apr 7, 2006
Jason Simons wrote in
news::

I have a plugin that I bought from photoeffex about three years ago. After I upgraded my photoshop to CS2 from 7, it no longer works. The company is now gone so I can’t ask them for help.

The file has a different extension than my other plugins, but there has to be a way to get this to work.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason

Ok, I figured out how to install it. It is an action, and needs to be loaded in the actions panel. But now it won’t let me hit the play button so that I can use it. Arrrgh!. Is this action just too old?

Jason
K
Kingdom
Apr 7, 2006
Jason Simons wrote in

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason

..atn is an action file, not a plugin, try dropping it in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop CS\Presets\Photoshop Actions then look in your action pallette

‘Mirror mirror on the wall who is the prettiest of them all?’ ‘Snow White you dirty bitch and don’t you forget it!’
E
edjh
Apr 7, 2006
Jason Simons wrote:
Jason Simons wrote in

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason

Ok, I figured out how to install it. It is an action, and needs to be loaded in the actions panel. But now it won’t let me hit the play button so that I can use it. Arrrgh!. Is this action just too old?
Jason
I doubt it’s too old. You would get an error message. You’re not trying to play the action set (little folder) are you? Open it up and highlight the action itself.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html
JS
Jason Simons
Apr 10, 2006
edjh wrote in
news:4436c1f4$0$3698$:

Jason Simons wrote:
Jason Simons wrote in

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason
I doubt it’s too old. You would get an error message. You’re not trying to play the action set (little folder) are you? Open it up and highlight the action itself.

Yep! That’s what I was doing. I just didn’t look close enough to recognize it.

Thanks,

Jason

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections