AS
Posted By
Arthur_Small
May 27, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can I just copy my plugins & actions from CS to CS2?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DP
Daryl_Pritchard
May 27, 2005
Arthur,

For many plug-ins, yes, you can. However some may still require being reinstalled if they put any sort of information into the Windows registry. Also if you leave CS and CS2 co-installed, it would be advisable to put all 3rd-party plugins into a separate plug-ins folder lying outside the root installation paths of either version of Photoshop. This has the advantage of allowing a secondary plug-ins folder to be pointed to from the PS preferences and avoid the hassle and wasted space of duplicate installations. Also, by ensuring that you copy only the 3rd-party plugins and leave the native PS plug-ins as is, you reduce the risk of introducing errors caused by one version of PS using the plug-in from another version.

Regards,

Daryl
AS
Arthur_Small
May 27, 2005
Thank you for the prompt reply. When you say out side the root installation path, where should I locate these. Do I maintain them in a folder and how do I get CS2 to recognize them?
DM
dave_milbut
May 27, 2005
call it anything you want. like C:\ArthursPlugins

then point to it in the photoshop prefrences as a secondary plugin path.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections