LF
Posted By
Larry_Flagg
Mar 19, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have an HP Pavilion 730. I have purchased the upgrade to CS4 and it has been working for a while. Now all of a sudden, when I open the program, the computer goes "boink" and a message comes up that says:

The instruction at "Ox77e78804" referenced memory at "0x0at1a1470". The memory could not be written. Click OK to terminate or click cancel to debug program.

No matter which one I do, it shuts down CS4 totally?

Does anyone have a clue as to what is happening. I have uninstalled the program and reinstalled it and it still does the same thing. Hope someone can give me some help on this one.

Thanks, Larry Flagg

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DM
dave_milbut
Mar 19, 2009
are you sure it wasn’t "poit!"? 😉

that’s a dll conflict error. something you installed stepped on something else. hard to call from here.

uninstall cs4 via the control panel.
search adobe.com for the cs4 clean script. read all the instructions on the page you find it on, download and run that (maybe a couple times at increasing levels, per the instructions). then reinstall to a new location on your system.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections