Posted By
GeoD916
Aug 12, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I’m having a problem with Imageready and wonder if anyone could help. I have a PSD file that I converted to imagready and made slices for, with a lot of rollover effects. When imageready loads it, my system experiences some lag but then recovers. My problem is that whenever I try to save optimized and export the slices to jpg and html format, it saves very slowly, so that it takes about 5-7 minutes for the "Saving" bar to reach about 15% and then windows gives me an error about Virtual Memory loss, followed by a message from imageready that states it cannot complete the operation because there is not enough free memory. I have never experienced this before. I am running an IBM 863 MhZ with 256 mb of ram and a 32 MB Nvidia Gforce II MX. The version of photoshop and imageready I use is Photoshop 7.

At your request I can supply the PSD.

Thanks!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

G
GeoD916
Aug 12, 2003
I forgot to mention that I use Windows XP Pro.
D
DOMTEK
Aug 12, 2003
more ram might help, especially with winxp. Make sure that the PS scratch disc is on a different drive than the windows paging file, and if possible that the paging file and scratch disc are on seperate from the operating system.

<http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/12dde.htm>

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections