Photoshop CS4 11.0 and 11.0.1 for Windows crashing when saving a newly opened document

RJ
Posted By
Robert Jurjevic
Mar 19, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
If I open a new document in Photoshop CS4 11.0 or 11.0.1 for Windows (on Windows XP SP3 home edition) and then try to save it, Photoshop window disappears (I guess the program crashes, although no Widows crash dialogue is displayed).

Workaround: If I open an existing document (say TIFF) and then erase all from it (say background layer, etc.) change ppi, paper size and format, etc., and save it (say as PSD) Photoshop does not crash.

Has anybody experienced similar problem and does anybody know if there is a fix for it?

Thanks.

Regards,

Robert

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JJ
John Joslin
Mar 19, 2009
Your New Doc Sizes.psp preference file is probably corrupted.

Try resetting your preferences as described in the FAQ.

<http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.ef4a07f/1>

You either have to physically delete (or rename) the preference files or, if using the Alt, Ctrl, and Shift method, be sure that you get a confirmation dialog.

This resets all settings in Photoshop to factory defaults.
RJ
Robert Jurjevic
Mar 20, 2009
Thanks for your help John.

Resetting the preferences worked for me.

Regards,

Robert

P.S.

Photoshop CS4 may crash now and then, say when dragging a new document onto it (to load it), in some other yet unclassified (by me) circumstances, but in general once you have started working on an image it is fairly stable.
JJ
John Joslin
Mar 20, 2009
Glad it helped. But you should try and isolate the fault that is causing crashes. It shouldn’t happen on a healthy system.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections