AE
Posted By
andy_engelkemier
Sep 28, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When opening multiple documents I’d like an option to open them as a composition first and formost. Please let me know if you know of a way to do that.

Since I don’t know scripting I’m not sure how to do the other either. I would like all of the open documents to be merged into one layered photoshop composition.

Since I’m asking I would also like it if the layers were named what the filename was of the image. That way I can tell what the heck it is. My coworker just found a script that opens an entire folder, but it renames all the layers to the folder name so they are all named exactly the same.

We’ve got things already in photoshop to go the other way around, but that doesn’t help me.

Anyone know how to do this?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Sep 28, 2006
You can put all the files in a folder into one Photoshop document easily with an action, but I think you would need a script to do what you are asking fore. I’d ask on the Photoshop Scripting forum.
TM
Trevor_Morris
Sep 28, 2006
Would this help you?

Import Folder As Layers – imports a series of images (from the designated folder) as named layers into a new document

<http://user.fundy.net/morris/?photoshop28.shtml>
AE
andy_engelkemier
Sep 28, 2006
coworker found some Dr. Browns script that pretty much does what I want.

That one listed works, but the naming doesn’t work. It named all of the layers to the exact same name for some reason. Also, I’d rather not have to seperate all my files into folders that I want into a psd file.

Thanks guys.
LL
Larry_Ligon
Sep 28, 2006
You have what you need, you don’t need a script!

Put all you files into a folder. Open up ImageReady and select File>Import>Folder as frames…

Then transfer the file to Photoshop.

Larry
Y
YrbkMgr
Sep 28, 2006
wow. how cool is that. Thanks Larry.
TM
Trevor_Morris
Sep 29, 2006
Andy,

I think I found the cause of what you described, so I’ve updated the script. Updated version available at the same place:

<http://user.fundy.net/morris/?photoshop28.shtml>

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections