RM
Posted By
Randy_Mohr
Mar 19, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I remember reading somewhere that two windows could be opened for the same document allowing one to be worked on while zoomed in and the 2nd would update to show the changes.
How do I open two windows of the same document?
This is a neat trick as it allows document to be worked on without continually zooming in and zooming out to see how it all looks.

Randy Mohr

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

S
Support
Mar 19, 2008
Hello Randy,

Window > Arrange > New Window for "imagename"

Or – to keep it more compact – just stretch the Navigator palette
DM
dave_milbut
Mar 19, 2008
i’m not at my PS machine, but it should be window> duplicate or is that image> duplicate. either way the final command is called "duplicate". you can look it up in the help file (f1).
P
Phosphor
Mar 19, 2008
Andrei is right. Duplicate just makes a new file, and won’t do what the OP wants.
DM
dave_milbut
Mar 19, 2008
sorry. right ed.
dav e
RM
Randy_Mohr
Mar 19, 2008
Andrei, that’s the ticket! I scanned through all the tool bar menus, or at least I thought I did and missed it … I’d read about this tip in Photoshop User and just couldn’t bear slogging through who knows how many issues to find it again!
Thanks for the help!

Randy M

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections