NF
Posted By
No_Frikin_Name
Feb 18, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have the entire frickin suite – But I must be just another dumb user.

Which product do I use to QUICKLY make a slideshow (burn 2 DVD) of 200-300 photos?

One of those where the pictures move around a little (zoom in, zoom out)

Perhaps some random transitions.

Do I need to go buy a Mac to do such a simple task?

Or am I totally missing the "Simple Slideshow Wizard"?

Thanks

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

GK
Geoff_K_Jackson
Feb 18, 2009
I don’t think Adobe make a slideshow software. I use "Pictures to exe" which is easy to use and can do pan and zoom. You can make a simple slideshow in a few minutes or you can spend hours making an artistic presentation. You can download a trail from www.wnsoft.com and also see plenty of shows that people have made.
Geoff
LG
Linda_G
Feb 18, 2009
Have you tried the slideshow in Bridge?
JJ
John Joslin
Feb 18, 2009
You don’t mention which frickin suite and which version.

Photoshop is primarily an image editor not presentation software, but one of the other apps in the frickin suite may do it. I presume you asked in their forums.

Other wise use something like Geoff suggested.
AR
Anthony.Ralph
Feb 18, 2009
Well, you could use Windows Movie Maker; it’s part of the OS and can do what you state you need…

Anthony.
NF
No_Frikin_Name
Feb 18, 2009
I have CS4 Master Collection

I just want something simple

Grab 100-300 picks

drop them in and generate a slideshow with random transitions and zooms.

Then export that to something like an avi

Then I could take several sets and make a DVD. This piece I can figure out.

There is a slideshow in Bridge, but I don’t think there is an option to export that out.

I’ll check out pictures to exe and Windows movie maker. thanks
BL
Bob Levine
Feb 18, 2009
I just want something simple

The applications in the Master Collection can be called a lot of things…simple, at least in my opinion, is not one of them.

Bob
JJ
Jim_Jordan
Feb 18, 2009
Photo Story 3 < http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/digitalphotography/ PhotoStory/default.mspx> answers your wishes exactly as described in post #3. And it is free.

This is Microsoft’s answer to iPhoto, which does the same slideshow function on Mac.
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 18, 2009
yar. arrgh.
K
KatWoman
Feb 18, 2009
MS one you linked not free if you want the plug in to burn them to DVD (19.99)

I used to use the EZ CD creator DVD show but install of IE7 broke it a known defect in my version
you have to buy upgrade to fix it

windows movie maker will do it but crashes all the time on my system making it basically useless

I think Premiere from Elements does this function
I don’t have it but used an online version at Photobucket it was very fun but no export functions

I f anyone finds a free DVD show maker I am interested too
JJ
Jim_Jordan
Feb 18, 2009
Kat, from post #5 I can see that No Frikin Name wants something to create a video file. He/she notes that they can figure out the DVD piece of it. There are plenty of free options to take a video file from Photo Story and encode it to MPG2/VOB.

While I have not tried it yet, there are apparently built in options in Vista. Photo Story 3 was designed for XP.

Or, one can try something entirely different:
<http://download.videohelp.com/tin2tin/>
NF
No_Frikin_Name
Feb 18, 2009
I’m still using XP, so I think I will give Photo Story a try.
DS
Dennis_S
Feb 18, 2009
As has been mentioned, with the Master Collection you could probably produce the seventh installment of Star Wars if you wanted to.

If you are going to be doing a lot of these slide shows, however, and want something simple, you might want to consider ProShow Gold. It is pretty popular for slide shows and "Ken Burns" effects. It costs $70 but that seems like peanuts compared to what you have already invested. People spend 5 times that for Photoshop plug-ins to do simulated HDR. 🙂
BC
Bart_Cross
Feb 18, 2009
No: With even a basic understanding of Premiere or After Effects you could do what you want very quickly.
WE
Wolf_Eilers
Feb 19, 2009
I’m still using XP, so I think I will give Photo Story a try.

It’s a toy. And if dealing with 200-300 photos a toy you will quickly break.
SG
steve_guilhamet
Feb 20, 2009
As Bart mentions, you should look at Premiere Pro and/or Encore for authoring a DVD slideshow.

You probably can get what you want all within Encore CS4.

<http://tinyurl.com/c48yns>
SG
steve_guilhamet
Feb 20, 2009
I forgot to add that if you do use the Encore only route, make sure to create assets that are optimized for DVD authoring. You can do this before importing the images using Photoshop.
NF
No_Frikin_Name
Feb 20, 2009
Thanks Steve.

I do optimize them for video as a batch in PhotoShop with a script I created.

Currently I am using Premier Elements (Version 2 I think) because that seems to be the quickest thing to make a slide show of a few hundred pics. Grab a bunch of photos, a few clicks, done. But that is just with a boring transition.

Last time I looked, Encore had a 99 picture limit on slide shows.

I need to burn a new DVD (or create a new avi) of 150-200 pics each week.

I was hoping something in my Master Collection would help me do that quickly and with some pizazz.

Perhaps I’ll go check out Premier Elements 7 to see if they added any Ken Burns automation to their slide shows.
SG
steve_guilhamet
Feb 20, 2009
Hi,

As I understand it, the 99 picture limit is per slideshow and not per DVD. You can join slideshows together, getting you well over 150-200 pics.
DK
DURNFORD_KING
Feb 25, 2009
Probably a dumb question but I want to make a slideshow with music which I will then FTP to the recipient. I’m using XP and have PS CS4 and Lightroom 2. The people I’m sending to are on a Mac. Is there anything I need to do to make sure my material is readable on their system?

Thanks.
GA
George_Austin
Feb 25, 2009
It may be a shock to you, but transitions are themselves a bore—just like the word "frikin". To a lot of us, fade-ins and fade-outs and all the other needless transition gimmicks are teeth-grinding tedious. Your presentations would be simpler and cleaner and just maybe more effective without them.
JJ
John Joslin
Feb 26, 2009
And what is even more of a bore is when the creator selected random transitions. Rather than enjoying the pictures you are wondering what’s coming next.
NF
No_Frikin_Name
Feb 26, 2009
And what is even more of a bore is when the others offer opinions on what they think is the right thing to do for an audience that they know nothing about. Sort of like the advice you get from a grumpy old man.
JJ
John Joslin
Feb 26, 2009
We’re generous like that!
D
DeerRaven
Feb 26, 2009
Another morning with coffee coming out of my nose! THANKS GUYS! I LOVE THIS FORUM! 😀

Martha
S
SDA
Feb 26, 2009
Absolutely it depends on the audience. I tend to agree with the sentiments posted by the other esteemed members but as designers/producers we must always be aware of our audience wishes/desires.

There is quite a large section of users that admire the bells/whistles and/or clients that what the latest cool Flashy features.
GA
George_Austin
Feb 26, 2009
"…And what is even more of a bore is when the others offer opinions on what they think is the right thing to do for an audience that they know nothing about…"

Sorry Frik, didn’t even occur to me that you might not be addressing your everyday type of audience. For all I know, you might very well be an animal psychologist entertaining a troop of chimpanzees.
BC
Bart_Cross
Feb 26, 2009
Re: ‘No Frikin Name, I have CS4 Master Collection’

If all you wanted are simple trans, then why did you buy the whole thing? It is a waste of money on someone like you. I think you should have bought PS/Premiere Elements Collection instead. As I pointed out, if you had bothered to fire up Premiere or AE and even took some basic time with (eg the amount of time you’ve been wasting between posts), you could have quite easily done it in either of those apps.

Your snarky repostes are as lame as you are.
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 26, 2009
🙂
NF
No_Frikin_Name
Feb 27, 2009
To those of you who have joyfully shared your knowledge and valuable time with me:

THANK YOU!
I will explore all of your suggestions on how to simple achieve my desired goals.

Thank you for making this a community where I know I can find help.

Thank you for your patience with those of us who may not know all of the ins and outs of all of the Adobe products.

To those of you who are suffering from a severe case of the grumpies:
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 27, 2009
To those of you who are suffering from a severe case of the grumpies:

well said! 🙂

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections