Posted By
Roberto
Jul 3, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I’ve been looking for a way to add a simple black borders to the images .. the simplest way seems to be to Select\All\Modify\Border and then Edit\Fill … but I’m getting borders with inner shadows (or bevels or whatever is it) and can’t find the way how to get rid of that… I want just plain black border x pixels wide..

I tried with canvas resizing and other ways, but everything is way too many clicks, and in case of manual selection inaccurate. I even bought Photoshop Elements2 book from P.Andrews (FocalPress), can’t find anything. If is has something to do with layer styles, then how I would default the fill command to be without that inner shadow? I can’t find out…

Just plain border like in PaintShopPro7 for instance …

Can anyone help?
thx
Dave

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
billrogers945
Jul 4, 2003
Set your foreground color to black. Then select/all. Then edit/stroke. Choose "inside" and set the pixel width. Works great for me. — Bill.

"davidl" …
Hi,

I’ve been looking for a way to add a simple black borders to the images .. the simplest way seems to be to Select\All\Modify\Border and then Edit\Fill .. but I’m getting borders with inner shadows (or bevels or whatever is it) and can’t find the way how to get rid of that… I want just plain black border x pixels wide..

I tried with canvas resizing and other ways, but everything is way too many clicks, and in case of manual selection inaccurate. I even bought Photoshop Elements2 book from P.Andrews (FocalPress), can’t find anything. If is has something to do with layer styles, then how I would default the fill command to be without that inner shadow? I can’t find out…

Just plain border like in PaintShopPro7 for instance …
Can anyone help?
thx
Dave

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections