CH
Posted By
Chris_Haire
Jun 10, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m trying to create a slide show. I’ve added an audio to the slide show. Then I went edit audio. There a block for start time and length near the bottom of the window, but I can’t seem to alter them. They’re at zero, but the program won’t let me change them. What I’d like to do is to start an audio track at a certain place in the audio track and play it for a given length of time as background to my slide show. However, I don’t know have to enter the start time and the length–even though it appears that the functionality is available. Help!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CH
Chris_Haire
Jun 10, 2005
I’m still having problems. I tried to add one of the audio files that came with Photoshop Elements. It seems to play fine. It’s an mp3 file. The audio files I really want to use are wma files. The mp3 audio file shows a length of 1:01. The wma files, which are 3 to 4 minutes long each and play fine in windows media play, won’t play in photoshow and show a length in photoshop of 0 minutes and 00 seconds. Is there something I can do to fix this?
O
o3v3tz
Jun 10, 2005
As I recollect I did need to fiddle some to find how to alter the times and also how to add a Gap so that the music did not start at the very beginning. Not sure how well I can describe this – but I will try to describe what I did.

In order to delay the start of the music a certain amount of time I insereted a Gap at the beginning; I then selected the Gap in the list above and time that said zeroes lower in the Window. After clicking on the seconds or the minutes of the time, the up and down arrows would work to increase the time duration of the Gap. Next in the list near the top was the mp3 file that I had chosen for this slideshow and its duration. If you select on the line with the mp3 file name, you may be able to modify its duration also; I did not try that.

In summary, I think the key points may be that
-you need to select/highlight the name of the audio/music entry that you want to modify before you have the ability to modify the time durations in the lower corner – and –
-that you hightlight the seconds or minutes of that time to modify each separately.

Hope this makes sense.

Barb O
O
o3v3tz
Jun 10, 2005
I have never used a WMA file, so I can’t help with that part.

Barb O
CH
Chris_Haire
Jun 10, 2005
Barb O, thanks for taking the time to answer. However, that doesn’t really help. I was already selecting the file name at the top of the window and then trying to alter the start and length numbers in the blocks at the bottom. I now think the problem is that it’s not recognizing the wma file lengths correctly. It shows that their length is 0:00, but it’s really more like 4:00. I don’t know how to fix this problem.
O
o3v3tz
Jun 10, 2005
Based on my limited experience with this stuff, it does seem that the time should have been automatically filled in when you added the music file to the slideshow.

Had the WMA file that you used been Imported to the Elements catalog?

Now this import should not be necessary because there is an add from folder choice – but since it is not working for you now, you might as well try importing the WMA file you wish to use to the Elements catalog if you had not done that already.

Barb O
CH
Chris_Haire
Jun 10, 2005
Barb O,

Sounds like a good idea. How can I import a sound file? I know how to import a photo, but I can’t find a command to import other files.
O
o3v3tz
Jun 10, 2005
Yes, it is not obvious – it is a Get Photos from Files and Folders – just as if it were a photo file.

Under the View menu, Media Types, you can actually choose to display Audio files in the Photo Browser.

Barb O
CH
Chris_Haire
Jun 10, 2005
Thanks for the instructions about how to import the audio files. The importing worked and I changed the media types to include audio files. However, it still won’t play these 2 wma files. I tried to play them by clicking on their icons in the photo browser after importing them, and I also tried to play them when adding them to the slide show (there a sort of preview play button on the add audio window). It wouldn’t play them either way. It still show the files with o:oo length in the slide show edit audio window. However, when I play them in Windows Media Player, they play just fine and last 4:00+. Any other ideas! I appreciate you taking the time to try to help!
O
o3v3tz
Jun 10, 2005
Sorry, I don’t have any more ideas.

Suggest that you check back again to see if anyone else posts additional ideas.

Barb O

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections