JM
Posted By
Jay_Marks
Jan 15, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I work on the texture in one window and have the 3d window showing there is a huge discrepency in the preview resolution in the 3d window. It only gets crisp when I interact with the 3d model, move, rotate etc, but when I stop, it gets all pixelated again. I have it set to Best AA but that made little difference and I’m not finding any options anywhere.

Is there any way of setting the redraw resolution of the 3d preview to match the crispness of the 2d canvas?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

M
Mylenium
Jan 15, 2009
I don’t follow. Texture sharpness is defined by the actual texture resolution in relation to the filtering applied by the 3D algorithm and graphics hardware. If it looks soft, it is either really too small or your graphics card is not able to handle it correctly in 3D and may downsample it. What graphics card do you have?

Mylenium
JM
Jay_Marks
Jan 15, 2009
Sorry if I didn’t explain that properly. In the image I’m providing you’ll see the left side is how I would like to see it at all times, however the right side is how I see it at all times save for when I rotate or draw on the object.

How do I get the preview to render like the left side all the time?

I am using 3.33ghz Quad core, 4gb RAM, Nvdia 8800GTS 640mb PCI-e card all on Vista Ultimate32.
JM
Jay_Marks
Feb 15, 2009
So nobody has any ideas?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections