photoshop…..how to increase resolutions DPI…can some expert help?

MJ
Posted By
michael_jack
Apr 22, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
hello, i am trying to appeal to someone that has expert knowledge of photoshop. i am trying to make a t-shirt for a gift but the image i have selected to put on the shirt does not have enough resolution. is there anyway to fix this image with photoshop so that it can be digitally printed on the t-shirt or am i out of luck.

here is the message i received from them:

The following design in your order contains images that are of low

resolution: We are notifying you of this because images that have a low resolution (i.e., are too small) will not result in a good quality print. While we can print the image(s) "as is", we can not guarantee the final print quality of your custom apparel.

the link to see the image i am trying to use is:
< http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/a/ac/180 px-Earthfirstmonkeywrench.gif>

if anyone can do this for me an email it back to me at i would be extremely grateful. i am a novice at this and i need to have this image fixed within 2 days or they will print as is and it won’t turn out so well.

anyones help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

P
Phosphor
Apr 22, 2007
As small as that is, you’re not going to have a lot of luck enlarging it to a size suitable for printing…in my opinion, anyway.

How big do you want the t-shirt print to be, in inches or centimeters? Full shirt, just a pocket print, what?
MJ
michael_jack
Apr 22, 2007
was hoping to have it on the back of the shirt, as large as it can be in order to keep the resolution to make out the image. what is the biggest it can be to still be able to see the image somewhat clearly? i was hoping at least 6 inches or more if possible.

thanks for the help.
P
Phosphor
Apr 22, 2007
Dig through the Stock.XCHNG <http://www.sxc.hu> and see if you can find larger images that you could use to create your own version of that image. Much of the stuff there is free and royalty-free.

You’ll need to register a free account in order to download the high resolution image files.
R
Rod
Apr 23, 2007
wrote:
hello, i am trying to appeal to someone that has expert knowledge of photoshop. i am trying to make a t-shirt for a gift but the image i have selected to put on the shirt does not have enough resolution. is there anyway to fix this image with photoshop so that it can be digitally printed on the t-shirt or am i out of luck.

here is the message i received from them:

The following design in your order contains images that are of low
resolution: We are notifying you of this because images that have a low resolution (i.e., are too small) will not result in a good quality print. While we can print the image(s) "as is", we can not guarantee the final print quality of your custom apparel.
Forget it. I would tell you the same thing if I
was this company.
T
Talker
Apr 24, 2007
On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 14:27:03 -0700,
wrote:

was hoping to have it on the back of the shirt, as large as it can be in order to keep the resolution to make out the image. what is the biggest it can be to still be able to see the image somewhat clearly? i was hoping at least 6 inches or more if possible.

thanks for the help.

That size picture is way too small to accomplish what you want. In that photo, it’s a monkey wrench and it looks like a stone hammer of some sort. Do you need the stone hammer? I mean, could it be just an old baby sledgehammer and a monkey wrench? If so, check here http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=1qfLgFTEmD1uIWxs93 DRw9bRzDBvi1 This picture should be more than large enough for what you need. I can substitute a pipewrench if that’s better.
In case you didn’t know, you can make your own tee shirt by buying a plain colored tee shirt, and going to a Staples or CompUSA and buying some iron-on inkjet transfers. My daughter did just that for her college videography class some years ago and it turned out quite well.

Talker

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections