mika
Nov 13, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

This is a very weird problem,
The machine is a simple dell desktop, with Windows XP and Photoshop CS3.

When you’re in the user session, you can open one file in Photoshop, but when you try to open a second one, Photoshop crash with a common Windows error message 0x7c928fea memory could not be written.

The computer has been all re installed from Windows to Photoshop, everything’s up to date the problem still occures.
The weirdest part is,
When you’re in the administrator session, there’s no issue.

Thanks !!!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

F
Freeagent
Nov 13, 2008
<bells ringing>

Wasn’t this also the printer thing? Set a local printer as default, not a networked one. It’s weird, I know.
M
mika
Nov 13, 2008
Thank you very much !!!

That worked magically, as weird as it is I agree …
JJ
John Joslin
Nov 13, 2008
Maybe that would cure the video problems too!

(Just joking.)
BG
Brad_Gerber
Nov 13, 2008
Photoshop CS3 crashes on Open File

I have found a fix that has been working for me. Here is what I did:

1. Have your IT Manager Logon to your system as Administrator (or logon as Administrator if you can)

2. Create a Local User Account.

3. Make the Local User a Member of the Local Administrators

4. Logon as User

5. Select the Adobe Photoshop CS3 icon in the All Programs flyout menu.

6. Right-click on the Adobe Photoshop CS3 icon and select the Shortcut tab > Advanced.

7. From the Advanced Properties window select “Run with different credentials > OK. Apply Changes.

8. When you launch Adobe Photoshop CS3 you will be prompted with a “Run As” window. Choose the radio button for “The following user” and choose the Local User Account that you added with the Local Administrator Rights.

The con to this is that when you go to open a file you will not see the network mapped drives. The work around for this is to browse the network using My Network and once you get to the folder where your psd files are select the “Favorites” icon on the “Open” window to make it easier to navigate back to the folder(s) where your files are.

I hope this helps some of you with the issues of opening Photoshop CS3 files.
CC
Chris_Cox
Nov 13, 2008
Brad – please don’t post multiple times. And what you are describing is a workaround for a mis-configured machine.
MB
Martin_Brule_Jr.
Feb 3, 2009
Can someone please repost the solution link to this issue. Someone at the company I work for is having this same problem, but the solution link given above only displays a blank page.
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 3, 2009
I just tried that link and it’s fine martin. try a different browser. (opened in firefox 3.0.5)

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections