EK
Posted By
Erik_Kimball
Oct 13, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
One of the images is available in the Public folder on my iDisk. My Mac user name is epkimball. If you don’t have easy access to that, please just e-mail me at and I’ll send you a copy. — Erik

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

WG
Welles_Goodrich
Oct 14, 2006
Erik,

I just launched Photoshop, dropped the icon of your image on the Photoshop icon in the dock and the image opened right up. When I looked at the file size the resolution was 1. I could upload the image with a 300dpi resolution if you wish.
EK
Erik_Kimball
Oct 14, 2006
That’s very strange. I just tried the same thing (dragging the image file to the CS2 icon in the dock). CS2 started to open, a blank image box came on the screen, and then CS2 crashed. When I look at the image in Bridge, it shows a resolution of zero. — Thank you for offering to post a 300 dpi image in my Public folder, I’d appreciate that. It’s just a snapshop my wife took of me and my son, but it is one of my favorites. — If anyone knows why I’m having trouble with this, please let me know. I may try to reload CS2 from the CD in case there is something wrong with my copy as installed.
AR
alan_ruta
Oct 14, 2006
I had no problem either (in CS1).
I also (assuming I would have a problem) first imported it to iPhoto and then exported and that also opened, albeit at a resolution of 1.

alan
WG
Welles_Goodrich
Oct 14, 2006
Hmmm, I don’t have CS2 as I never bought into the suite business. I’ve just upgraded individual apps. So when I dropped the file onto the Photoshop icon it was just that, not CS2. I really don’t know the difference but obviously there is one.

If nothing else, you could open those up it Graphic Converter too, I’d bet.

I resaved your image at 300dpi as a .tif to avoid any further compression artifacts and tried to upload it to your public folder. Twice I got ‘authentication failed’ messages ( do you have it password protected?) so I put it on my iDisk…

<http://homepage.mac.com/wellesgoodrich/FileSharing2.html>

Cheers!
CC
Chris_Cox
Oct 14, 2006
OK, I’ve got the file and will take a look.
EK
Erik_Kimball
Oct 15, 2006
I removed CS2 and all of its preference files, reinstalled it, then ran Adobe Updater, thinking that would help. Still can’t open the affected files. I may try Lightroom on my wife’s WP machine (I have 10.3.9 and thus can’t load Lightroom). Thank you all for your help on this. I have no idea how the resolution is set at 0. These are family snapshots taken on my wife’s camera rather than my SLR. They were all edited in a Nikon editor. It looks like the ones that received minimal editing retain the camera assigned resolution of 72, but anything with any significant editing has a resolution of 0. Unfortunately, we don’t have that camera or the associated software anymore.
WG
Welles_Goodrich
Oct 15, 2006
Erik,

A simple solution is to use GraphicConverter, an application which every graphics/image person should have IMO. It opens your image right up and you could then save it in any format/resolution you wished.

<http://www.lemkesoft.com/en/graphdownld_en.htm>
EK
Erik_Kimball
Oct 16, 2006
I was having other problems with my iBook. I ended up scrubbing the hard drive (filling it with zeros) and re-installing the operating system and everything else. Now when I open the subject images in CS2, they open with a resolution of 1. Seems like the problem is solved.

Thank you all for your help. Much appreciated.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections