after fullscreen in a flash application no tool change in PS CS3 possible any more; reboot needed!

HN
Posted By
hans nuecke
Oct 16, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a strange (but reproducible) effect:

After I activate fullscreen mode in a web site using flash I cannot work any longer with Photoshop CS3 under vista ultimate 32 (same under vista ultimate 64).

In PS always the hand pointer is shown, and trying to select any other tool (like text or mask) does not work. Not even a restart of PS fixes the problem. A reboot is needed!

Very annoying!

Anyone having the same problem? I could provide a link to a web page with a flash application supporting fullscreen mode for tests if found helpful.

Any ideas how to fix this, for a work around how to avoid this (besides not using fullscreen ;-)??

Thanks

Hans

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

CC
Chris_Cox
Oct 17, 2008
Does the tool really not change (big problem), or does the cursor just not change (minor thing, probably related to your video card driver)?
HN
hans nuecke
Oct 17, 2008
It is a real (and though big 😉 problem. I wouldn’t care about the shape of the cursor, but I e.g. cannot select text any more because I cannot pick the text tool.
What I realized is that if I have a selection window open (e.g. to select the save folder), the effect does not happen.
Found out by chance and did not really test yet, but if so, this at least could somehow help if I think about it in advance (before using fullscreen).

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections