Oct 2, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve noticed cpu requirements for Photoshop CS4 is 1.8 GHz. My cpu is 1.73

Would PS CS4 abort install over this?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Oct 2, 2008
Close enough, although it is rather slow these days. More important is the rest of the system.

You can upgrade the cpu for not much. What are you using?.
G
Gener
Oct 2, 2008
It’s a Toshiba laptop running Vista Home Premium. So a cpu upgrade is not possible. The rest of the system is up to snuff.I have 2 GB of ram. The Intel 965 video takes 256 MB of that and runs Directx 10.

I just want to be sure the installer isn’t programmed to stop if it is 1.73 GHz.
M
Mylenium
Oct 2, 2008
No. Don’t let yourself confuse you by the marketing fluff. Any newer processor, regardless whether it’s a Celeron, Core Mobile, Core Duo or whatever should be just fine even if it doesn’t hit the clock speed mark precisely. At any rate – the CS$ installer, while not faster, is much safer than the one for CS3, so you will get proper warnings if something is wrong. Also perhaps simply wait for CS$ trials to arrive and give this a spin…

Mylenium
JJ
John Joslin
Oct 2, 2008
CS$? You still have time to put that right!

Forgot to let go of the shift key eh? Or was it a Freudian slip? 😉
M
Mylenium
Oct 2, 2008
* lol*

Mylenium
G
Gener
Oct 2, 2008
Thanks Mylenium. I took it as a cutoff and didn’t want a bad surprise since I’m going for a download purchase.
JT
John_T_Smith
Oct 2, 2008
I normally don’t purchase large software via download (only small utilities) since I simply like having a disc on hand in case of need, so I don’t know if Adobe does this, but in the past Microsoft has had a web link where you could go to have your computer analyzed to tell you in advance if it would work with a particular program (I think this was for WinXP before it came out)

But, like I said, I don’t know if Adobe has ever done this
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Oct 2, 2008
The processor may indeed be faster than that. The binning process for speed selection only guarantees that the processor is at least that fast.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections