BV
Posted By
Bobbee_Valentine
Sep 24, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
On all previous versions of photoshop, whatever fonts were in the windows/fonts folder were available to use in the character pallet. Now, with CS3, only the system fonts show up. Some of the other fonts are listed separately at the bottom of the list…but by name only. Meaning they are not actually the font style that they claim to be. Is this just happening to me? A bug maybe?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

M
Mylenium
Sep 24, 2008
Umm, what fonts? What version of Windows? What are your region settings? Font ordering and display is affected by it… Apart from that, the behavior seems not normal. Do you have enough user privileges to actually access the font folder? Maybe it’s something like that, that prevents Windows from properly building its font cache…

Mylenium
DM
Don_McCahill
Sep 24, 2008
Some of the other fonts are listed separately at the bottom of the list…but by name only. Meaning they are not actually the font style that they claim to be.

Can you explain this part in more detail.

Also, are the fonts appearing in the other places they are listed? Task bar, menu, etc.
BV
Bobbee_Valentine
Sep 24, 2008
Excellent questions that gave me some things to try. It seems to be a Vista problem. I am running as Admin and thge same issue shows up in MSWord. Sorry to have brought it here….I need to be on a Vista forum.

Thanks!
DM
Don_McCahill
Sep 24, 2008
When you find your answer, I hope you will come back and post your solution. It is possible that other people will come across the same problem. There are rumors out there that some people are actually changing to Vista.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections