JG
Posted By
John_Guggenheim
Nov 30, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I use Photoshop 7.0, Windows 98. Whenever I open the program, it crashes when the message "sorting font list" comes out on the opening screen (the screen with many names on it). What may I do to fix this problem?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

RK
Rob_Keijzer
Nov 30, 2003
John,

I have heard of a case like that. It could be that one of the fonts is corrupted. Move half of them out of their directory. If that clears the problem, gradually return them (in chunks) until you isolated the bad one.

If it doesn’t, then do the same with the other half.

Maybe that solves it.
Rob
L
LenHewitt
Nov 30, 2003
John,

Before going on a "hunt_the_bad_font" expedition, do a system-wide search for adobe*fnt.LST files and delete all you find – they will be rebuilt as required.
B
Brian
Dec 1, 2003
In addition to what the others suggested, use a font manager to keep the number of active fonts to a minimum (if you’re not doing this already).

Brian

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections