DK
Posted By
david_kohn
Jun 5, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I went into the OSX Font Book utility and disabled a whole bunch of fonts (typefaces, I know). Some of those I disabled (the Asian language stuff) are still showing up in the list of fonts in Photoshop. As well, there are a whole bunch of fonts which don’t even show up in Font Book which are active in my Adobe CS apps. I’m guessing that these are not in any of the /libray/fonts folders, but are somewhere in the library/application support/adobe folder. Fair enough, but how is one to know which of those fonts are safe to remove? I mean, who really wants or needs Wood Ornaments or Giddyup? How does one safely dispense with this stuff?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
Buko
Jun 5, 2004
Go to the ID forum and do a search for fonts this is discussed regularly there.

best way to deal with fonts is use a real font manager(FontAgent Pro, Suitcase) not Font Book

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections