GM
Posted By
George Masi
Aug 6, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
There are several, even many fonts which, although they are installed and show up in other applications, do not appear in the PS Elements 2 font list.

What is the reason for this? And, is there any way to correct it?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BH
Beth Haney
Aug 6, 2003
I’m not a font person myself so have only a marginal knowledge on this subject. But, aren’t there different kinds of fonts? Could it be that some aren’t compatible with Elements?

And/or, are all of these fonts actually installed in the System>Fonts folder of your hard drive? I pretty sure that’s the only source Elements uses.
W
wcagizmo
Aug 6, 2003
I have the same problem. The don’t show.
GM
George Masi
Aug 10, 2003
Hello All,

Yes, all of these fonts are in the system fonts folder.
It’s clearly not a question of incompatibility because very often only one font from a larger installed font family shows up in the list,i.e. Helvetica Light shows up, but not Helv.Med, or Helv. Bold.

It’s a very irritating mystery. I find that I have to use other applications in order to access the fonts which don’t show up in PSE.

George
W
wcagizmo
Aug 12, 2003
Yea i checked m fonts folder and before i had to delete everything on my computer. I had tons of fonts( my fav was frosty) and now i see no sign off it.
W
Westoncornelius
Aug 19, 2003
I had the same problem but the only font that won’t display is a custom font that our Language department needs. I removed all but 140 fonts and still had the problem. I uninstalled the software from the Win2000 PC and reinstalled it on a Win98 PC and the font appeared. Any suggestions on how to get it to work in Win2000?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections