Marquee or Crop Box showing multiple aspect ratios (in CS2?)

BR
Posted By
Bob_Robinson
Sep 2, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi, I use PS CS2 and use a lab that prefers our images be in a 4×6 aspect ratio. At times I crop photos to minimize dead space and want to do so such that the final image can still be printed as a 5×7 or 8×10. I’m wondering if there is some sort of add-on to CS2 that would let me crop at 4×6 but have the crop box show extra lines that represent a 5×7 and/or 8×10 aspect ratio while making my selection. ExpressDigital Darkroom has this type of preview – just wondering if it’s available for CS2. Thanks in advance for responses.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JJ
John Joslin
Sep 2, 2008
Why not use a preset on the Crop Tool?
BR
Bob_Robinson
Sep 2, 2008
I’ve got presets for 4x6x300dpi, 5x7x300dpi, 8x10x300dpi, and so on. I want to see what the 8×10 crop and 5×7 crop would look like *while* I’m cropping the photo at 4x6x300dpi. Is that something presets can do?
BR
Bob_Robinson
Sep 3, 2008
Any other ideas? Is this something that’s available in CS3 (or CS4)?
M
Mylenium
Sep 3, 2008
No. Crop is a core tool, not a function. Any such coding would have to be done by Adobe themselves, as I understand these matters. Maybe there is a dedicated cropping filter out there somewhere, but as someone, who doesn’t qualify as a Photoshop power user, I’m not aware of it, not even remotely. Sorry.

Mylenium

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections