M
Posted By
monsieurms
Oct 6, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve had no trouble over the years cropping in Corel Draw, so I think I understand the process. Yet, I’ve been unable to FIND let alone use the crop handles in Photoshop Elements. The help file says "Drag over the part of the image you want to keep. When you release the mouse button, the crop marquee appears as a bounding box with handles at the corners and sides."

Yeah, but….there are NO side crop handles that appear! I can make the marquee longer or shorter, and move it around—but NOT wider as a result.

Help. 😉

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

NS
Nancy_S
Oct 6, 2003
Monsieurms,

Did you try typing in the exact dimensions for your crop just above the image area?

You can also drag out a rectangular marquee to size and then image>crop. Or type in the aspect ratio or exact dimensions (fixed) above image.
NS
Nancy_S
Oct 6, 2003
Monsieurms,

Perhaps you need to delete the preferences folder. Hold Alt/shift/Crtl immed. as program launches, answer yes to popup.
M
monsieurms
Oct 6, 2003
Thanks, Nancy. Deleting the preferences file did it—-if you have any idea what I may’ve accidentally done to set such an odd preference, though, please let me know. At the moment, I’m new to Photoshop Elements, but eventually I won’t just want to wipe all my preferences out.

To answer your first post, I don’t recall and am pretty sure I didn’t indicate exact dimensions of a crop-=-and I was able to alter the marquee length wise using the top and bottom handles. The side handles just disappeared, however.
NS
Nancy_S
Oct 6, 2003
Monsieurms,

Glad that worked out for you. When the program gets quirky, the deleting of the preference file usually makes it behave. Why?…I have only seen it mentioned that perhaps it has something to do with leaving palettes from the well opened when you close the program.
M
monsieurms
Oct 6, 2003
Ok, thanks again.

–Mark
NS
Nancy_S
Oct 6, 2003
Monsieurms,

You are very welcome.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections