J
Posted By
Jim
May 29, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Guys, how do I make small adjustments to the size of the cropping marquee. Using the mouse makes too big a jump and using the left/right arrow key moves the whole marquee rather than increasing the size.

Cheers

Jim

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

M
Marsupilami
May 29, 2004
you can use the rulers and zoom and zoom and zoom to define precisely your dimensions with the guides then activating "snap to guides" and use the crop tool after that.

+++++++++++
Houba houba.
Marsu.
"ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba"
The Troggs "I can’t control myself"
++++++++++

Jim wrote:
Guys, how do I make small adjustments to the size of the cropping marquee. Using the mouse makes too big a jump and using the left/right arrow key moves the whole marquee rather than increasing the size.

Cheers

Jim
A7
aka 717
May 30, 2004
Can you explain what the hide option on
the crop tool in version 7 is? I thought
there would be an unhide option…

Thanks
: -)
BK
Brian K
May 30, 2004
Hold CTRL while cropping.

Brian

"Jim" wrote in message
Cheers

Jim

D
dave
Jun 5, 2004
"Jim" wrote in message
Cheers

Jim

The higher your zoom % the more precise your control of the size of the marquee will be while using the mouse. I played with the zoom levels while sizing the marquee. At 600 % zoom, I had no trouble selecting any exact (to the pixel) size I wanted. Of course you can zoom much higher than that (up to 1600 %) so simply by zooming higher, you can get any exact degree of control you need while using the mouse. You may wonder how you size the marquee when you want to select part of the image that is past what you can see on the screen – the image will simply move as you move the mouse pointer past the edge – nothing to it !

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections