RC
Posted By
Robert_Creager
May 11, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m using Photoshop elements and when I first installed it I had eight handles that I could use when I wanted to crop something. Then I allowed somebody to use my computer to edit some pictures and when I tried to crop some of my own pictures I only have four handles for cropping, one in each corner. No matter what picture I use, or where the source comes from the four handles are directly proportionate to my screen size. I can not see what it was that she turned off, nor how to turn them back on. Can somebody please give me a clue?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

CS
Chuck_Snyder
May 11, 2004
Robert, clear the settings from the boxes on the Crop tool toolbar and you’ll have a freewheeling cropper again!
RC
Robert_Creager
May 11, 2004
I just went looking for these settings but I can’t see where they are located. There’s not any on the crop icon, and if I right click the only place the brings anything up is when I click on the sunflower. Under edit/preferances I can’t see anything that looks like settings for cropping either. Hold on, I think I just found where you’re talking about. Thanks for the help.
CS
Chuck_Snyder
May 11, 2004
Robert, did you find them? I’m sorry I was so cryptic in my explanation.
MS
Mark_Sand
May 11, 2004
So please tell us how you fixed the problem!! I couldn’t find any setting on the Crop toolbar either.
JL
Jim Lloyd
May 11, 2004
wrote in message
So please tell us how you fixed the problem!! I couldn’t find any setting
on the Crop toolbar either.

Mark, in the toolbar across the top of the screen there are two boxes that are used if you want to enter demensions of the crop: 6 by 9 for example. There is also a button that says: <CLEAR> which will clear the two boxes. Or simply delete the numbers in the boxes.
RC
Robert_Creager
May 11, 2004
Over on the left side of the screen is the floating tool bar that I was thinking was the cropping tool bar. But when I let my eyes wander up I noticed another tool bar that changed very time that I used another tool. When the cropping icon is chose as the active tool suddenly another cropping icon appeared. I figured that must be the cropping tool bar. When I right clicked on that cropping symbol I had the ability to reset that tool bar or all tool bars. I just chose to do that tool bar thinking that I would remember where it was found if I had any further trouble with any other tools.

Thanks Chuck.
DS
Dick_Smith
May 12, 2004
Robert,

Those settings are on the "Options Bar" for the Crop tool. When you choose the tool the options for that tool will be shown on a bar immediately above the working area of the program.

Dick

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections