KC
Posted By
Kiwi_C
Jun 17, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Me too – on the PC using PS7. This must be a bug in the application on either platform. Searched the NG thoroughly – no solution.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

RS
Richard_Spensley
Jun 18, 2004
I’m here 🙂

you can contact me at if you want.

I still get this problem in Photoshop CS (8.0) and now I can’t even phone Adobe support for any advice because they want to charge me £29 per call even though I only just bought CS Premium Suite!
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jun 18, 2004
Richard:

In your other thread you said:
<< How are you supposed to accurately rotate images by an abitrary amount using numeric rotate values? Have you ever tried doing that? It takes so many goes to get it right it’s pointless! >>

Try this:

Before using the Crop tool, use the Measure tool.
Draw it out precisely along the edge of the photograph itself. Now choose Image menu/Rotate Canvas/Arbitrary
and your image will automatically be rotated to a precise vertical.

Now Crop.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jun 18, 2004
I have not had a chance to try this out extensively but one thing strikes me in Richard’s post in the other thread. Setting an exact size in centermeters or any unit other than pixels is bound to fail somewhat because the Crop tool can only work in pixel increments and must resample when rotating a crop. This might account for the problem?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections