N
Posted By
NhanN
Aug 29, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Ok so as of right now, I have an image with a Black background color with a blurred and vectored White design over it. I want to change the White design into another color.

When I use the bucket tool to fill in the white design with say.. Blue, some of the design becomes blocky blue and loses some of its edges.

When I use the "color" brush, the edges and interior part of the White design are colored in blue fine, but I end up coloring over the edges because the design isn’t selected with the lasso tool or Marque tool. And even if I selected the design with the previous mentioned tools, the edges would be cut off, leaving me with a colored interior of blue, and some exterior white on the design.

So I’m wondering how I would color my design, as if it were originally that chosen color.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MV
Mathias_Vejerslev
Aug 29, 2008
If the background really is totally black, try:

New layer on top

Fill whole layer with color

Set Color Layer to ‘Color’ blend mode.
S
Silkrooster
Aug 29, 2008
Try Layer>New Adjustment Layer>Selective Color.
Choose white from the drop down menu and set methode to absolute. Now you can chage the white to any color you wish.
N
NhanN
Aug 29, 2008
Thank you both for the quick replies!! 😀

Solved.
S
Silkrooster
Aug 29, 2008
Double click on the color icon at the bottom of the tool menu will open the color selector. With this open you can use the eye dropper to select your color. In this window it will tell you both the rgb and cmyk values.
Problem with this is you will need to write down the values as photoshop won’t let you keep the color picker window open when you try to add selective color.

Another option is to have the color panel open (F6 or window>color)Just below the X for closing that panel is a small downward triangle with 3 lines. Click on that and select cmyk. Click on the eyedropper in the toolbar before adding the selective color layer. Now you can see the cmyk values where ever you click with the eye dropper.
JJ
John Joslin
Aug 29, 2008
You could use a Solid Color Adjustment Layer.

Change the blending mode to Overlay and play with the opacity.
N
NhanN
Aug 29, 2008
Thanks a lot! 🙂

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections