X
Posted By
Xany
Mar 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I open grayscale images in Photoshop they have a cyan color cast to them. On an area that should be pure white the eye dropper registers

R: ED
G: FF
B: FF

in web color mode which gives you an idea of what the image looks like. CMYK are all 0% and K=0% in the grayscale slider but the image has a cyan color cast across all shades, not just the white, you can see it all across the color slider. These images display fine in a web browser with no cast, but if I print from photoshop they have that cyan cast.

I don’t believe this to be a monitor color profile problem due to the RGB eyedropper showing the cast in those values.

Another problem as a result, if I paste some of this work into an RGB image, it retains the cyan cast rather than being true grayscale.

I’ve never really learned about the color management and maybe this is what is causing the problem. Can anyone give me some help? I’d like a pure grayscale image with no color cast, not only when creating a new image but I’d like to be able to fix my existing images.

-Xany

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

T
TouchNova
Mar 7, 2004
Hey Xany,

Attach an example to a post and I’ll take a look at it. You’ve got me curious too…

Regards,
TouchNova

"Xany" wrote in message
When I open grayscale images in Photoshop they have a cyan color cast to them. On an area that should be pure white the eye dropper registers
R: ED
G: FF
B: FF

in web color mode which gives you an idea of what the image looks like. CMYK are all 0% and K=0% in the grayscale slider but the image has a cyan color cast across all shades, not just the white, you can see it all across the color slider. These images display fine in a web browser with no cast, but if I print from photoshop they have that cyan cast.
I don’t believe this to be a monitor color profile problem due to the RGB eyedropper showing the cast in those values.

Another problem as a result, if I paste some of this work into an RGB image, it retains the cyan cast rather than being true grayscale.
I’ve never really learned about the color management and maybe this is what is causing the problem. Can anyone give me some help? I’d like a pure grayscale image with no color cast, not only when creating a new image but I’d like to be able to fix my existing images.
-Xany

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections