Posted By
dextress_here
May 19, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi
whenever i use layer styles on an object, and try to free transform it, it gets distorted everywhere…like vertical gradient lines. the edges also distort. Is there a trick to fix it?
thanks

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

P
Phosphor
May 19, 2008
Could you describe the problem a little more completely? Maybe a provide screen shot?
DH
dextress_here
May 19, 2008
okie here is a simple example
pic 1 is the stapler i created on 300 ppi with the chrome effect. pic 2 is the same thing tilted.
look at the loss of color/effect. i want it to remain the same all the time no matter how it is being transformed.

< http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v623/bubblez_far/staplerco py.jpg> < http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v623/bubblez_far/Usedonsam ple.jpg>

used it on a paper that was 12×12" at 300 ppi.
JM
J_Maloney
May 19, 2008
How are your scaling preferences set? You should make sure they’re set to to bicubic. It could just be you need to zoom in to 100% view (i.e. actual pixels is the only way to properly preview something on your screen).

J
P
Phosphor
May 19, 2008
I don’t think that has anything to do with Layer Styles. I think that’s just what happens when you rotate a low-rez image.
DH
dextress_here
May 19, 2008
J Maloney, yes, it looks fine at 100% zoom, but the place where i have to use it, needs it to be scaled down by 50% i.e. free transform it to a 50% smaller size than the original one.

Ed Hannigan, I made both the things at 300 ppi. no rez problem i guess.
JM
J_Maloney
May 19, 2008
Dextress,

Set your scaling preferences to bicubic.

J
DH
dextress_here
May 19, 2008
how do you do that?? hunted in all options, but couldnt find it.
JM
J_Maloney
May 19, 2008
"General" section of preferences. "Image interpolation" to bicubic. Not scaling, sorry to send you off looking for the wrong thing. Again, I would _also_ zoom into 100% view (actual pixels) and check that it’s not just a screen effect.

J
DH
dextress_here
May 19, 2008
its already at "Bicubic (best for smooth gradients)". Like i said, it looks perfect at 100% zoom, but the place where i need to use it, it requires size amendation and thats when the problem rolls in.
JM
J_Maloney
May 19, 2008
Once you scale it to 50% size, zoom to 100% view (actual pixels). Does it still look messed up?

If you VIEW at 66, 33, 16.5 percent, your screen VIEW will be messed up. Zoom to 100% view to get the most accurate preview.

J

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections