Posted By
Jeffrey_Ellis
May 24, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi–

I need to create a graphic for import into FinalCutPro. FCP will accept Photoshop layers, including all properties of each layer — but not any layer effects, such as drop shadows and such.

So, I thought to simply create a new empty, and transparent, Layer, link my graphic’s layer with the blank layer, and merge the linked layers to retain my layer effects for import to FCP.

This works great, drop shadows, etc. all come through — except for Bevel & Emboss!

What am I doing wrong?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

L
LRK
May 24, 2004
Jeffrey,

Not sure if this is what you need but one work around might be to convert your adjustment layers to layers.

Go to menu Layer > Layer Style > Create Layer. All ajustments will be place on separate layers. You can then merge them if you like or keep them separate.
JE
Jeffrey_Ellis
May 24, 2004
Hi–

Sorry, but what version are you using?

I’m in CS. There is no such command as far as I can see.

All My Best,
Jeffrey
JE
Jeffrey_Ellis
May 24, 2004
In fact — I even just tried flattening the image, which certainly should preserve all layer effects, and still my Bevel and Emboss is disappearing!

WTH is going on?
L
LRK
May 24, 2004
I’m using CS. While the layer is selected go to the top of your main menu and select Layer then pull down menu, select Layer Style then pull down menu and choose Create Layer.
JE
Jeffrey_Ellis
May 24, 2004
Hi, Lrk–

I am mystified. I am using Mac version 8.0 of Photoshop. I have done exactly as you describe, and no such menu command exists — not even greyed out or such.

All My Best,
Jeffrey
J
jonf
May 24, 2004
Are there any other missing menu items that you’ve noticed?
L
LRK
May 24, 2004
Are you sure that you have the right layer selected?
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jun 13, 2004
Eric,

You install them under:

Adobe Photoshop>Presets>Styles

Wendy

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections