Printing .eps files with layer styles problem.

P
Posted By
Phosphor
Sep 26, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi There,

Incredibly frustrated here. I have created text on a white background in Photoshop 7 and applied the bevel and emboss as well as drop shadow effect to it. Then I saved it as a .eps file. When I print the file on my postscript 3 laser printer, the text is jagged, not smooth and crisp. I tried playing around with switching the text from sharp to smooth in Photoshop but there is no real difference when printed. I am working on an ad and want to ensure it will look good. Right now I am not sure if it is the printer or the file format. And will it look good if the printer prints it? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks…

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

B
BLUDVLZ
Sep 26, 2003
Edward,

Just a few thoughts, let me know if any of these hit the mark:

1> Are you saving with sufficient resolution? (300ppi for high-end prints; 180 ppi for newsprint; 72 ppi for screen).

2> Into which program are you placing your EPS file for output? Photoshop, Quark, InDesign, (gasp) Word?

3> Are you rasterizing the text before applying the layer effects?

4> Have you tried saving in any other formats (i.e. TIFF, PSD)?

5> If you’re using a clipping path to knock out the background of your file, how did you create the clipping path? Did you use the magic wand to select the text? Or did you use the Layer>Type>Create Work Path?

If you can provide answers to these questions, or more information on how you’re creating and using your file, I’m pretty confident that we can help you out.
P
Phosphor
Sep 29, 2003
Hey there,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly…

1. I am saving at 300 ppi for high-end prints.
2. I am placing my EPS file into Quark.
3. No I did not rasterize the text before applying the layer effects.
4. I have tried saving as a Tiff and get the same results.
5. I did not use any clipping paths. The background is white.

Thanks for your help!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections