TB
Posted By
t_brian
Feb 23, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
This is killing me! Simple gray scale photo of kite in sky. I want to make an animated gif of the sky flashing the gray it is now to white. I used the ploygonal lasso to select the sky, copy to new layer, expose the new layer to white. In layers palette I have: backround (the original photo) and layer 1-just the sky (white), no kite (checkerboard). So far so good. But when I make frames for the animation, the frame of layer 1 has no kite. So when it plays, the kite disappears for the duration of that frame. I need a frame with the original intact but with a white sky so it would go like this- "kite on gray sky, kite on white sky, kite on gray sky, kite on white sky"

How do I make a frame with the kite on a white sky?

ETERNALLY grateful for a solution!!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

K
KatWoman
Feb 23, 2009
OK you need layer of white under the cutout kite >>make new layer and fill with white
or a layer with the white sky and kite together

in the animation palette
make two or three frames
turn on and off what you want to show in each frame by clicking the eyeballs in the layers
TB
t_brian
Feb 23, 2009
Thaaaaank you, KatWoman!

"turn on and off what you want to show in each frame by clicking the eyeballs "

–thats what I needed.

Hooray. =)
K
KatWoman
Feb 23, 2009
simple but maybe not so obvious

YW
TB
t_brian
Feb 23, 2009
KatWoman- yes, not so obvious. I over simplified my question to get just enuf info to finish but and am now having a different problem w same animation.

* *Im surprised attaching files to make it easier to describe a problem is not an option here*** It is not easy to describe the problem w/o writing a book.

My goal is this: to have an animation with 3 different exposures of sky behind kite, like lightning. I can mix it up w multiple frames of different durations to get a random ‘flashing’. I have 2 layers, background/the original photo and layer1/just the sky, exposed. I have have 2 frames now, #1 kite w exposed sky, #2 original. If I stopped there, it would be fine. But when I go back to layer1 to change the exposure (‘eyes’ ON on both layers)BOTH frames show the new exposure. If I take the eye OFF in layer 1, Im back to #1 kite w exposed sky, #2 original. With eye ON in layer 1 and eye OFF in background, frame 1 is kite w NEW exposure, frame 2 is new exposure and no kite. How do I get frame1-original, frame2-min exposure, frame3-mid exposure and frame4-full exposure without losing the previous one along the way.?? This is maddening.
K
KatWoman
Feb 23, 2009
you have to click to select each frame in the sequence, the active frame will have a box around it
any layer changes will only affect that frame
TB
t_brian
Feb 24, 2009
I couldnt have said it better myself-I missed the email, just finished it and came back here to leave comment and saw yours. it was a death march, good thing I had the valium drip 😉

thanks for the help!

This forum R-O-C-K-S

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections