B
Posted By
BarbaraS
Feb 26, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Help! In my diddling around in PSE2, I must’ve done something that I can’t figure out how to undo! The icons in layer styles have a reddish tint to them! I can’t figure out how to get them back to the normal black and white coloring.
What on earth have I done, and please, how do I fix it?

BarbaraS

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
BobHill
Feb 26, 2004
Barbara,

First, you must have made your Background layer into a standard layer? Also when you choose Layer style, you have something selected and that automatically sets your image layer to that style. If it’s automatically being applied to ALL your open selected images without being clicked (like a stuck button) try deleting the Preference file.

Bob
B
BarbaraS
Feb 29, 2004
Thanks Bob, for the help! And yes, I must have deleted my background layer in order to create a .png file–won’t make that mistake again! Tried to reset Preferences, but couldn’t figure out how to delete the preference file.
It sounds like I will have to uninstall/reinstall. Poot!

BarbaraS
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Feb 29, 2004
Barbara, to delete preference file, shut down Elements. Then restart, and IMMEDIATELY (before the opening screen appears)hold down Alt, Ctrl and Shift keys (Option-Cmd-Shift on Max) until you get a screen asking whether you want to delete current settings (or something like that). Click on Yes (or OK) and then proceed. I’d recommend you do that before going through the hassle of uninstall-reinstall.

Chuck
B
BarbaraS
Feb 29, 2004
Chuck and Bob:

Y’all are awesome! I just wasn’t "immediate" enough the first time! Got back the CORRECT color on my layer style icons! Hooray, hooray!
Thanks for the prompt attention, Chuck!

BarbaraS
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Feb 29, 2004
Barbara, glad you were able to make it work with delete preferences. Often, a problem will not go away with uninstall/reinstall; that pesky preferences file often hangs around after that…

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections