ES
Posted By
Ed_Sennett
Nov 30, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Although fairly new to Photoshop CS2, I am up and running in makings masks( layer, channel and path). However, after I make my masks, and then open the layers palette, I do not see the Mask Icon thumbnail appear whenever I click on the mask adjacent to the layer. All I see is the "eye" icon. I am able to click on the layer mask to activate it, so that’s not the problem.

I also don’t see the Paint Brush thumbnail icon appear in the layers palette whenever I click on a layer and apply a selection, or paint brush effect.I tried looking all over in the help and menus on how to find out why the mask and paint brush thumbnails dont appear. Anyone know how to fix this?

I use 1.2 GB of RAM assigned to PS CS2, I have WINXP Pro SP2 desktop

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Nov 30, 2006
There is nothing wrong. That is an interface change in CS2.
ES
Ed_Sennett
Dec 1, 2006
Ed;

Thank you very much for clearing that up. I had been reading "Photoshop Masking & Compositing" and so many references as well as illustrations were shown throughout that book about those pesky thumbnails, that I was wondering why my Photoshop CS 2 didn’t have them.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections