JH
Posted By
Jeffrey Hanson
Jul 23, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
How can I use the layer style brick texture as a bump map without changing the color redish.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CS
Chuck Snyder
Jul 23, 2003
Jeffrey, could you elaborate on your question? I’m not sure what you’re trying to accomplish…

Chuck
JH
Jeffrey Hanson
Jul 23, 2003
I have a layer with a solid color. I would like to use the layer style brick texture to add a brick texture. The way I have done it so far is layer one with the solid color. Layer two is duplicate of one with a layer style brick texture added to it. I have set the occacity of layer two to 35% to show the orginal color through. The trouble is that the brick texture has a red color to it. Is there a way to make this brick effect keeping the orginal color?
thanks
I
imacgirl
Jul 23, 2003
Jeffrey,

If you want to get rid of the red color on the brick layer, do the following. You need to create a Hue/Sat Adjustment layer above the red brick layer.

Layer>New Adjustment Layer>Hue/Saturation

With the Hue/Sat. Adjustment Layer (set on ‘Master’)…set the Saturation to -100 and this will take the color out of the bricks. Then merge this Hue/Sat Adjustment Layer with the brick layer. This will remove the red from the brick pattern. Now your chosen color (below the brick layer) should show through to the bricks by dragging the opacity slider lower on the Hue/Sat. brick layer.

Barb

EDIT: Don’t think I could have used the word brick much more…hope this makes some sense. 😉 I just realized you said "layer style"…I was confused and thought you meant pattern. I just tried it and this does work with a Layer Style as well.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections