RA
Posted By
Richard_Archer-Jones
Apr 30, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m confused by these two brush tips. I have CS2 and in the Edit / Preferences / Display & Cursors there is the Normal Brush Tip and the Full Size Brush Tip. The Normal shows that the cursor corresponds to about 100%of the area it draws; the Full Size shows that it is bigger than the area it draws.

Two questions:-

1. What is the use for this latter cursor?

2. Why does it say in the User Guide and the Help that the Normal "corresponds to approximately 50% of the area that the tool will affect" and the Full Size "corresponds to nearly 100% of the area that the tool will affect"?

Mighty puzzling, although it has already been acknowledged that the User Guides are poor. Is this an example or am I missing something?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

S
Support
Apr 30, 2008
Richard,
To see the difference, play with soft-edged and "airbrush"-enabled brushes
EW
ekim_wahs
Apr 30, 2008
The normal cursor display cuts off at a 50% threshold. For brushes with softness less than 100% this will mean that the cursor is smaller than the area affected. When you use Full Size cursor it will encompass the full area that will be affected.
RA
Richard_Archer-Jones
May 7, 2008
Mmmm, thanks guys, but I’m afraid I’m still not understanding this.

Andrei – I’ve tried the soft edged airbrush brushes but I’m still getting the opposite effect to the instructions description.

The Normal brush gives me 100% or over (if held in one position) whereas instructions say it gives 50%

The Full Size brush gives me about 50% coverage whereas the instructions state I should be getting 100%

Ekim – what do you mean by "The normal cursor display cuts off at a 50% threshold"? Is that the Opacity or Flow percentage? I haven’t noticed any cut off. Is softness the same as opacity?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections