I
Posted By
istara
Dec 6, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just got my Wacom Graphire 4 tablet today, but what I have discovered is that when using the Wacom pen, the cursor size (in Photoshop CS1 and Photoshop 7.0 – I tried on two machines) does not match the size of the stroke that the pen makes. The pen makes a very much smaller stroke.

Whereas the Wacom mouse, and all my other mice, make a brush stroke/tool stroke/clone stroke/etc exactly the same size as the cursor would suggest. I am in "brush size" mode.

Why is this and how can I fix it so the pen works like the mouse?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
Bernie
Dec 6, 2006
Check you pressure settings and/or press harder
B
Buko
Dec 6, 2006
The tablet is pressure sensative.

the harder you press the bigger the stroke
I
istara
Dec 6, 2006
Hooray – thanks! I set the pressure to "soft" and now the sizes seem to match much better. The kind of pressure needed before was just ridiculously hard, it would have given me RSI in minutes 😉

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections