Posted By
Jeffrey Kaplan
Dec 19, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Elements 5 in Windows XP Pro SP3.

I have two printers connected to the computer, one general-purpose and one photo. The general purpose printer is my system default, for everyday things like printing from Word, my email client, my web browser, etc. But when I print photos, I want to use the photo printer. Both printers are Epson, a Stylus CX9400Fax and a Stylus Photo R280.

I have two maybe related issues here.

First, is there anyway to tell Elements to use the photo printer +by default+? Every time I open the Print dialog, even when in the same use-session of Elements (the program has not been closed in between) and even when working on the same photo, I have to tell it to use the photo printer instead of the gp printer.

Second, and this may be a printer issue, is there any way to tell it to default to "Best Photo" ALL THE TIME and to use the last-used settings for paper size and orientation?

It is beyond annoying that when I make a change to the photo and print a 4×6 test print I have to keep going into the settings to tell it to use the photo printer, that I’m using 4×6 premium semi-gloss, and to print using "Best Photo". It always wants to print to the GP printer, 8-1/2×11 plain paper, mixed-mode printing. Even when the GP printer is turned off. Then, when I’m satisfied with the results, the only thing I want to change is the paper type.

Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org Double ROT13 encoded for your protection

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." – Ayn Rand, the Nature of Government

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections