Printer settings in Photoshop CS for Epson 2000P?

MF
Posted By
Martin_Feldman
May 11, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
On my G4 quicksilver using OS10.1.2 and Photoshop 7, printing was a smooth, to-and- fro operation with proper saturation which was not destroyed by changing final printer settings from the defaults from installation. My first printout in CS8 on the same computer using OS 10.3 was pallid, sporadic in rhythm and has remained so through all attempts to vary the printer settings. Printing is painfully slow. Files from both P7 and new ones created in CS8 do the same. I cannot seem to find anything in the User Manual or any CS8 related books explaining the printer settings or any any mention of this problem in these forums. I know I must be missing something very basic (I am embarrassed to say). I have tried many permutations without a smooth run. Could CS8 be sensitive to mismatched dpi settings (file to printout)?? I have not dared to try to print Painter 8 creations opened in CS8 yet because of this experience. Can any kind soul suggest a first step in analyzing my error(s)?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

GB
g_ballard
May 11, 2004

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections