LB
Posted By
lloyd_beard
Jul 10, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
using CS2, if I set the print size to be 11×14 (or any size actually) and use an ink jet printer at a camera store, the print is approximately .25 too large on all sides. I cut off some of my image. If I print at home on an inexpensive epson, the same thing happens. This problem is with all print sizes, 4×6 thru 16 x 20. What could I possibly have set wrong in Photoshop? Thanks for your help.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BG
barry_gray
Jul 10, 2007
If you are printing borderless the print driver will enlarge the image in order to print to the edge.
LB
lloyd_beard
Jul 11, 2007
I understand what you are saying, but all my images are "cropped" no matter what size I set in CS2. It is not that they are only enlarged to fit space, but imagery is "cut off". Once again, if I set the image size (in CS2) to 8×10 and proceed to print the file, the image that I saw is cut off by approximately .20. The missing information varies with the size of the print I am making. If I set the print size in CS2 to 8×10 and print the image on 11×14 paper, the 8×10 image is printed at approximately 8.2 x 10.2. Again, this happens on all sizes up to 16×20 (that is the largest I have made)
Thanks again.
DM
Don_McCahill
Jul 11, 2007
Is your printer designed to print borderless? If not, it will cut off the margins it needs for paper handling.

(Edit: Oops, my error. I did not notice you saying you were printing 8×10 on 11×14 paper.)

Printing is handled by the print driver supplied by the printer maker you use. You might check to see if they have updated the drivers.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections