SK
Posted By
steven_kornreich
Jul 22, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there anyway PS CS can save my last print state with evry job I print through PhotoShop? Basically it would be nice to be able to print a job from PhotoShop, select my printer profile, rendering intent, and Black Point Comp setting and have these setting all saved with the file. So basically if I open up the file again at a later time the setting are all loaded for me so I can get the same result.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

GA
Gabriel_Ayala
Jul 22, 2004
I think it already does that when you save the file after printing.
DM
dave_milbut
Jul 22, 2004
actually i THINK it saves the last used print settings in the prefreneces, but not with the file
SK
steven_kornreich
Jul 22, 2004
Neither is not what I want. I need it to be saved with each file. So when I print it again at a later point, all the setting are recalled.
Come on Adobe.
DM
dave_milbut
Jul 22, 2004
I bet they’ll get right on it now… 🙂

there’s a feature request section at the top of this forum list. you could post there…
DM
dave_milbut
Jul 22, 2004
hey, you already found it. 🙂
IL
Ian_Lyons
Jul 23, 2004
would be nice to be able to print a job from PhotoShop, select my printer profile, rendering intent, and Black Point Comp setting and have these setting all saved with the file.

You can esily do this by simply converting the file to the appropriate printer profile (using your preferred BP and RI)and then saving it with this profile embedded. When you come to print the file all you need ensure is that the "Print Space Profile" popup is set to "Same as Source".

You need to remember that the file is now only suitable for printing using that specific printer and media. It will also look like sh-one-t outside of Photoshop. If this presents a problem you could also save a copy of with the device independent profile (eg Adobe RGB) embedded.
SK
steven_kornreich
Jul 24, 2004
Thanks Ian I know I can do that, but then I have to keep multiple copies of every job I print wish is a lot. One in the printer space and one in workspace ie. Adobe RGB, BetaRGB etc.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections